Sunday, June 2, 2013

Doubt the Doubt

Over the weekend I was listening to a lecture by Baron Baptiste.  He's a very well known national yoga teacher.  He was talking about self doubt and mentioned the phrase, "Doubt the Doubt."  I really love this!  Everyone, from time to time, has some self doubt, myself included.  I personally think that self-doubt can sabotage you from getting what you really want in life.  The key is to believe in yourself.  It's not always easy, especially if past circumstances have not gone as planned, but it's better to take a risk and have faith than to let self doubt keep you prisoner of the past.  Trust your intuition and learning to hear that "voice" is an ongoing lesson.  Most spiritual teachers that I know of say meditation is the way to find that inner knowing.  Reminds me of a quote that the ashtanga master, Pattabhi Jois is so famously quoted as saying, " Practice and all is coming."  So I plan to use "Doubt the Doubt" as my slogan for conquering self-defeating patterns of thinking and keep practicing.  Try it and see what manifests in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment