Sunday, January 24, 2016

Habits are often hard to break, but it's possible to build new habits to replace the old.  Just making small changes can really make a big difference.  Like exercising a muscle to make it grow, small persistent changes can help us grow along our path.  In my recovery, early on I started rituals to support myself physically and spiritually.  Proper nutrition to support my body, prayer and meditation to support my spirit and asking for help when I needed emotional support.  It was a challenge at first, but now eating healthy foods, exercising, and focusing on how I can be of service comes more naturally and is my commitment to myself.  Challenges come into our lives to help us grow into the person we are meant to be. Look at a setback or challenge as an opportunity for greater understanding and awareness.  That is the key.  Be kind to yourself and take one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment